Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 transit connect Coming fans won't run. AC blows hot.

Customer Question
2012 transit connect Coming fans won't...
2012 transit connect
Coming fans won't run. AC blows hot.
Resistance of coolant temp fan switch is not open (very low resistance)
Tested at relay for pcm ground for both AC and Fan, neither was present. Grounded pcm side through jumper and fans run and AC clutch engages.
Shorted AC low pressure switch, no change in system Operation.
Does PCM have any other interlocking sensors that would defeat fans and not turn AC on? Do the AC switch or temp adjust dials need to be tested next?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Could you send the pins from the pcm to test if signal is coming from the switch?
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 8 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, in the C175B Pcm connector the High fan is pin 18 a black wire and the low fan is pin 34 a red wire. If the wiring is good fromt he PCM to the fans then a check for codes of the PCM and check to see if the pcm is getting a signal from the ac switch to turn on the ac and cooling fans would need to be done.

Do you need more help with this concern?

No codes when I scan it. Possible to get a description of the operation of the instrument cluster test mode?

There is no Instrument cluster test mode. If you want to test the cluster, you have to have a dealer style scan tool to run a diagnostic check for codes on it and monitor live data.

When I hold the odometer button, then turn key to on, the test mode comes up. When I cycle through, the dtc says none, it also gives Temp reading. But I'm not sure of the other functions. They are live though, and vary with engine speed and temp

That is an engineer mode, its not meant for accurate diagnostics, but this link will explain some of that. This will not have an impact on the cooling fan concern.

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Instrument_Cluster_Self-Diagnostic_Mode

If you need more help please let me know. If i was helpful, please leave a positive rating using the 5 stars above.

Hello, I answered your questions, do you need more help?

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans