Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

87 ford ranger with mazde. will start 2 times and then it…

Customer Question
87 ford ranger with...

87 ford ranger with mazde. will start 2 times and then it sands like it moves where it hats the fliyweel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have put new starter on and it daze the same.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have put new fliyweel on to. Had to put ballhawsing on to.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

If the flywheel looks good with ALL the teeth and it's also tight, then you're buying cheap starters. OEM is the best way to go, or try Napa. I recall changing a starter 6 times till I got a good one. No more aftermarkets for me:)

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any other questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

I am a retired mechanic
But I have not run in to this befor
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 10 months ago

It is possible.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me now and keep this link.

i have found that this flywheel has a flat spot on it. So we are going to gut a new
one

That should fix it, good find.

direction.