Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Backup sensor will not work. Haven't plugged in to search…

Customer Question
Backup sensor will not...

Backup sensor will not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Haven't plugged in to search for codes yet. Just done a manual check.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 f150 lariat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Done an audio inspection of the 4 sensors in the rear bumper. All are clicking when truck is in reverse. So thinking it is not a bad sensor. Parking assist button light just stays on continuously. Never beeps in the truck when it is in reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

To diagnose this system, knowing the codes stored are a must, do you have a scan tool to do that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I'll need to get that done.

Do you want to reply back at that time?

okay

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 12 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris