Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

In need to lower the settings on my tire pressure monitor…

Customer Question
In need to lower...

In need to lower the settings on my tire pressure monitor system for my 2017 Ford F250 so I can put bigger tires and a lift on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford F250. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** to help. I read your question and you cannot change those settings as it is hard programmed into the ECU from factory , the sensors just communicate the pressures so changing them won't help either. If you run pressures above or below the set threshold set in the ECU the light will be activated.

how are people running larger tires with lower pressure settings? Do they just deal with the warning light on all the time? are there any risks to doing this?\

that is right in fact allot of people who put winter tires on don't want to pay for extra sensors so they run with light on. To answer that question , no it is only a warning light for pressures and will do nothing harmful. Some people remove or put some tape over that light so it don't bother them.