Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 F550 v10 gas, 80 gallon on a RV, won't start, IS FUEL…

Customer Question
1999 F550 v10 gas...

1999 F550 v10 gas , 80 gallon on a RV, won't start, IS FUEL PUMP SOME WHERE ON FRAME ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Nope

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, no fuel to motor or generator,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it . Thabks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The most common cause for this no start is actually the fuel pump itself.Usually you should hear it hum or buzz the first couple of seconds the key is on or when cranking.The fuel pump unfortunately is located in the fuel tank itself meaning the tank has to be lowered out to replace it.

To be sure it is the pump I would have the power and ground signals tested at the pump to make sure they are both present when cranking over the engine,the tank usually has to be lowered to do this.If you have power and ground and the pump does not run then it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete