Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I read into this anti-theft system problem as my vehicle is…

Customer Question
Hi, I read into...

Hi, I read into this anti-theft system problem as my vehicle is constantly flashing the red anti theft symbol. I was wondering if there is any way deactivate this because my car won't start despite having used the original and 2 spare keys.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I don't believe so Originally I thought it was a dead battery but the battery seemed fine I tried jump starting the car multiple times and it is possible that that overrides the anti theft symbol which remained on despite allowing the car to turn on Is there a way to know if this is a battery or a anti theft system problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 Ford Mustang

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

I personally don't know too much about cars so I looked up a few options online Most said it could be a bad key so I tried the original and spares That didn't work so I tried 1 method that said to twist the key 8 times between ON and ACC so I tried that but no solution The light remains on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that'll be all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Is the theft light flashing rapidly with the key in the run position?

Is the battery voltage 12.6 volts?

It is blinking every 2 seconds

Was that with the key removed or key in place and in the run position?

At all times
Ron, ASE Certified Technician