Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Blower fan stopped running completely on 2007 F150, Have not…

Customer Question
Blower fan stopped running...

Blower fan stopped running completely on 2007 F150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not started but need to know locations of fuses and also the blower relay

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

145,000 starts fine, new battery and alternator within the last 2 years

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Automatic or manual controls?

Auto
Can you please provide locations of blower fuses and blower relay plus a blower circuit diagram?Thanks

The blower motor relay is on interior fuse box and fuse for blower motor is fuse 116 on interior fuse box. The most likely cause is a failed blower motor, unplug blower motor and with switch on high the brown/yellow wire should have power and brown/white wire should have ground. If both are good this means the blower motor has failed. IF missing ground this means the blower motor speed controller has failed. Here is replacement instructions for blower motor and speed controller. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3nc1vrukbkrp5r/ft1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r22fepz0z69uxlk/ft2.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boaczj17nkd1rci/ft3.pdf?dl=0

Thanks Dan,Let me head outside to work on this. Can I contact you again if needed?

You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees if you need anything so make sure to let me know. Thanks again and have a good evening, please do not forget to rate answer.