Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1996 ford van with a diesel engine. It was run hot

Customer Question

I have a 1996 ford van with a diesel engine.
It was run hot several years ago run and we put new heads on it. It was running fine and it was run really hot again. drained oil and coolant, new thermostat, new radiator, and new fan shroud. It started an ran fine. No water in the oil, no oil in water. No hydrocarbons. Will sit and idle and does not get hot. I think it runs fine going down the road. But if you floor it the temperature shoot up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Michael Solis replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Do you have any coolant leaks? The coolant stays full?

Do all heater hoses & radiator hoses share the same temperature?

Have you tried in idle while in park rev it up to 1500-2000 rpms and see if temperature rises?

Is the temperature reading accurate?