Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 96 f150 4.9 when,I start the engine with the a.c. on ,the…

Customer Question
My 96 f150 4.9...

My 96 f150 4.9 when,I start the engine with the a.c. on ,the compressor only runs for about 10 seconds and stops and will not start again until I restart the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've changed the low pressure switch on the drier

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. if you start the vehicle and then turn on the ac does it still happen? or I am not understanding the problem?

Start the engine with a.c. switch already on

so if you start the engine with the ac off, it starts fine and then when you turn the ac on its fine?

If I start the engine with the a.c off,and then turn it on,the compressor will not come on,but if I start the engine with a.c. knob on the compressor run about 10 seconds and stops

ok, I have never seen that. Im going to open this up to the other techs to see if they can assist. good luck.