Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got 2 red hard plastic hoses idk where they go, 2000 ford…

Customer Question
Got 2 red hard...

Got 2 red hard plastic hoses idk where they go

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 ford taurus 24 v

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed intake gaskets and dont know where these 2 lines go

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes first time

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 9 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Is there any chance you can upload a picture of the hoses to the chat here so I can see exactly what you mean?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer

On k
I need a vacumm diagram for a 2000 ford taurus 24v 3.0

Ok. I will wait for the photos. Oh I see. The red vacuum lines. Let me see if I can get a diagram. I beleive there may be a diagram as well on the sticker under the hood. Thanks.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Do you see the diagram on the vehicle? CLICK HERE for the diagram.

Ok i found it
Also i broke the lil sensor that goes into 2 rubber hoeses behind the intake what is that one called
Is it map sensor

Ok. Likely the green goes to the egr valve and the others go to the fuel pressure regulator and the egr valve solenoid.

No. That is the egr vacuum solenoid.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

Hey its not the egr selinoid

Send a picture I will tell you what it is.

Its a lil square box with to outlets what is it called

I dont have time to guess. I will opt out. Thanks.

U still there?