AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2001 FORD MUSTANG CRANK NO START CODES NOT AVALIBLE NO

2001 FORD MUSTANG CRANK NO START CODES NOT AVALIBLE NO MILAGE ON DASH JUST --------- ( LINES) NO FUEL PRESSURE STARTS WITH SPRAY IN THROTTLE BODY. TRIED JUNK YARD CCRM NO CHANGE THEFT LIGHT FLASHING ALSO POSSIBLE PCM FROM WHAT IM READING. ANY HELP PLEASE
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: CHECKED ALL FUSES. HOW WOULD YOU RECOMEND TO RESET COMPUTER?
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES FIRST I FOUND NO FUEL PRESS. TRIED SPRAY AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP FOR A FEW SECONDS CHECKED FUSES COULDNT CHECK RELAY CUZ ITS IN CCRM INURSA SWITCH IS GOOD REPLACED FUEL PUMP AND FILTER NO CHANGE STILL NO FUEL PRESS SCANNER CANT READ PCM FOR SOME REASON
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ONLY CAR NEED IT FOR WORK LOW ON MONEY..HELP PLEASE

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Was the PCM replaced?

Your saying there is no communication with the PCM when trying to read codes?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
NO PCM IS ORIGINAL AS FAR AS I KNOW. YES I HOOK UP MY SCANNER AND IT DOSENT READ ANYTHING IT SAYS ERROR CAN NOT CONNECT TRY AGAIN

Thank you for that information.

There are three likely possible causes.

Would you like me to list them?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

Most certainly.

• Faulty PCM
  • Faulty Instrument Cluster
  • Shorted out sensor (TPS, Differential Pressure Feedback EGR sensor, and Fuel Tank Pressure sensor)

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great night!!

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO DIAG THOSE POSSIBLE CAUSES SO I CAN REPAIR MY CAR?

Now, that my friend, is a different question.

YES, I can. But this would need to be done over the phone as it is VERY involved.

I would start by disconnecting all of the sensors and see if the communication resumes.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
IM NOT SATIAFIED WITH THE HELP SO FAR READING OTHER POSTS FROM EARL ANOTHER OF JUST ANSWER.COM WAS ABLE TO GIVE WIRE DIAGRAMS AND TELL GUY WHAT PINS TO CHECK FOR 5 VOLT REFERANCE OR 12 VOLT.

I can certainly help with that.

Check the power feeds to the PCM on pins 71 and 97 Red wires. There should be battery voltage with the key on. If there is no voltage, check the PCM power relay and circuits.

Check for good grounds on PCM pins 51, 76, 77 and 103 Black/White wires. Also, check for ground on PCM pin 25 Black wire

You are most welcome sir

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
THE PCM RELAY IS IN THE CCRM HOW DO I CHECK POWER IN AND OUT

You can use a voltmeter.

Check for 4.8 - 5.2 volts on the Brown/White reference voltage circuit at the Throttle Position sensor.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
WHICH PINS

PIN 8, 10 AND 13

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
WITH KEY ON THERE IS 5.2 VOLTS AT TPS

EXCELLENT

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
HELLOCustomerpin 71&97 have 12v pin 25,51,76,77&103 have good ground. I also checked tps, dpfe,and crank have 5volts cam only has .2 volts

Sounds like a faulty PCM to me. :)

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
would you know why cam sensor is not getting 5v?

The cam sensor is a two wire sensor.

It does not receive a 5-volt reference.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
crank sensor is also 2 wire and gets 5v.. does pin 91 on pcm send all 5v signals to sensors?

Pin 91 is the signal return.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
ok which wire sends 5volt to came sensor...

The cam sensor does not receive 5 volts.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
ok so you say its a bad pcm???

Yes sir I do.

It is either that or a faulty instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
do you recommend any company that I can buy one on line already programed to my car?

No sir. You would have to do some research yourself to find a reputable company on line.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
thank you for all your help.. you get 5 stars from me.....

Thank you sir! Have a great night!