Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

03 ford expedition wont crank and has loud buzzing noise…

Customer Question
03 ford expedition wont...

03 ford expedition wont crank and has loud buzzing noise coming from glove box area

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes drove perfect last night

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wont crank, wont turn over

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 9 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Does this buzzing sound happen all of the time even with the key off?

Or just with the key on or in the CRANK position?

Have you checked the battery?

Loud annoying buzzing coming from Glove box, expedition will not turn over. Battery strong just wont crank

Thank you for that information.

When does this buzzing noise occur?

I did check the battery and tried to jump from another vehicle

Thank you.

What is the battery voltage at?

no idea, dont have a meter

Ok, no problem.

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

there was battery acid on negative terminal

I see.

Thank you for that information.

do not want to speak on phone ..could this be a relay or do you think its just a battery

I think it is just the battery sir.

thank you

Your welcome!

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Was not the battery, battery is fine. The buzzing sound is coming from the Fuse box. i switch the Relays for the starter, then the PCM. Turns out its the entire fuse box. I found it on Youtube, your information was wrong and cost me 180.00

You need to check the battery using a voltmeter or a battery tester, which you never did.

So how in the world would I know if the battery is good or bad without testing it or even looking at it?

My answers are solely based on the INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ME WITH.

I do hope you understand.