Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won't start, Yes battery is new and terminals are clean,

Customer Question
Won't start Mechanic's Assistant:...

Won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes battery is new and terminals are clean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes DIY, tried replacing starter & neutral safety switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to know what issue may be

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 11 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Does it click when trying to start the engine?

Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

I am waiting for your reply sir.