Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When you turn the key none of guage come on the it come up…

Customer Question
Yes when you turn...

Yes when you turn the key none of guage come on the it come up saying thef mod

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Excursion?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixingyour Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all it was running befor i put the battery back i was going to change the fuese box but i put the one that was in there back in
14 September 2017 07:1814 September 2017 07:19
HDGENE HDGENE
Ford Mechanic
Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.14 September 2017 07:19
HDGENE HDGENE
Ford Mechanic
Hello, what happened? You replaced the battery because it was bad and now it wont start the red THEFT lamp flashes fast when you turn the key to on?14 September 2017 07:45
no battery needed to be charge i did take the fuse box out under the steering wheel and unhook all the plugs because i was going to relace it with another one but could not fine the right one so i put the one i had back in all the pugs were put back in and chaged the battery it turns over but will not start the light flashes saying theff mod
14 September 2017 07:46
HDGENE HDGENE
Ford Mechanic
Why would the fuse box need to be replaced?14 September 2017 07:55
because sometime the windows donot work and you have to tap the fues box to get it to work the relay is good that is why i trided to replace it
14 September 2017 07:57
because sometime the windows donot work and you have to tap the fues box to get it to work the relay is good that is why i trided to replace it ford told me the computer and key had tobe reprogramed
14 September 2017 08:34
HDGENE HDGENE
Ford Mechanic
Ok, if it was fine prior to messing with the fuse panel then it has to be either a poor connection or bent pin in one of the fuse box connectors. Or the fuse box itself. its all related to this box. Make sure every connector is fully seated and the pins arent bent inside or damaged.14 September 2017 08:41
ok i will take it ou and check to see if any pins are bent and try it agen
14 September 2017 08:44
HDGENE HDGENE
Ford Mechanic
You are welcome, if you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating. if the fuse panel looks ok, a local locksmtih can come and check and reprogram new pats keys if needed.Want to switch to a live phone call?If you prefer, we can talk live on the phone to make it easier to get all the help you need and ask follow-up questions.Amount: $26 100% Satisfaction GuaranteedCall me
By clicking "Call me" you agree to the additional amount and to credit the Expert.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic, request me again.
Connecting you with a new Ford Mechanic. You'll get a response here and by email typically within 24 hours.
This message was already sent.the problem did not work two ford dealers told me the the program on the computor of the car has tobe reprogramed because it is in the theff mod
Send+ Add filesChoose File
Your conversation is covered by our Disclaimer.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

have you tried a different key?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the key was working be for the battery needed charging it has been a few mounth and messed with the fuese box

have you performed a module reset?

Master reset Procedure
1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .
2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go
3- Wait 30 minutes
4- Make sure all doors are closed
5- Reconnect battery Cables
6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start
Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi that did not work eather it still come up in theff mode

then a locksmith or dealer would be required to do a security relearn

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it stays in the teff mode
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 12 months ago