Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Are you there, 2006 f350 6.0, i have the same issue as the…

Customer Question
Are you there Mechanic's...

Are you there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 f350 6.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have the same issue as the following i cut and pasted from website: i need to know what an injector should read if its good when testing for resistance on a multimeter. its on a 2006 Ford F450 superduty 6.0 powerstroke.
Share this conversation
Expert: Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.
Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text
graphicgraphic
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Replied 9 years ago.
if it reads differently, then the injector is bad??
Yes this would mean the injector electrical coil is bad meaning the complete injector must be replaced.

Replied 9 years ago.
thanks for your help man!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to knowthe location of each pin in relation to the pin #

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
as i originally suspected the #2 injector connector/pigtail as the issue, I pulled the connector from #2 and plugged into #4....after running truck for some time, same TBC showed up for #2 injector....if it was the connector, wiring, pigtail, it should have also shown me a TBC for injector #4 , i assume....
i would like specific instructions to do ohm test ...mainly in regards ***** ***** pin is correlated to which pin #, or their locations, etc
hello??
ok..well this seems to be a waste of time...estimated time has shown 8 minutes for the past 10 minutes...ill wait one more min otherwise will cancel and request refund
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

You had to dig deep to find that one from 9 years ago.

Injector wire diagrams. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjp9vb6hwxwv5zw/injector1.pdf?dl=0 -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxgz3ava4khrbwd/injector3.pdf?dl=0

How the pins are laid out in the connector for injector 1 and its the same for each. https://www.dropbox.com/s/55kamuc9zhwgan7/injector2.png?dl=0

How to test and the results https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz3izvds02wkm5w/injector4.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Is that the kind of info you were hoping for?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician