Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No start. battery is good. fully charged. lights on. pats…

Battery is good....

Battery is good. fully charged. lights on. pats light is blinking fast

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I haven't replaced anything yet.

9/16/2017
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

thank you

Unfortunately when the theft light is blinking rapidly, that indicates the vehicle is not seeing the ignition key. Do you have another key to try and start it with?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

I do not. I have a locksmith I can call. and have a key made. he lives next door.
do you think that is my next step?

Yes I do. He can try to reprogram the key you having as "an additional key" before cutting you a new one.

Ok. Doing that now

Ok.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician