Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I think my immobilizer is engaged. I replaced the ignition…

Customer Question
I think my immobilizer...

I think my immobilizer is engaged. I replaced the ignition cylinder but it won't do anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Yes just replaced the car battery and the fob battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 focus se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Attempting too. Replaced the cylinder, new batteries, The key fob work around, and turning key 2 clicks waiting 10 minutes or until the anti theft stops blinking work around

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so thank you i

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 11 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Are the keys new also along with the ignition cylinder?