Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F350 v10 bogging down majority, replaced o2 sensors, mafs,

Customer Question
F350 v10 bogging down...

F350 v10 bogging down majority, replaced o2 sensors, mafs, fuel filter in line and and air filters,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Only 2 in it and the are Todd

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F350?

04

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced 02 sensors, fuel filter in line, and air filter and mass airflow sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It idles fine but rev up past 5000 and it Boggs majorly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This is usually a sign of a clogged catalytic converter. Completely remove front oxygen sensors from exhaust to relieve pressure, if that allows rpm to go higher you know the converter is clogged and needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Exhaust is off

Why is exhaust off? Just wondering. Also, is it setting any codes?

Removed the exhaust already

Is it setting any codes?

It was suggested from a mechanic friend of mine, I took it off after the sensors and before the converter, it popped bank 1 and 2 lean

I think you probably have a weak fuel pump or restricted filter. Fuel pressure should go around 45 psi under hard acceleration if not replace filter and check again, if still low replace fuel pump. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

When it started I was going highway speeds and it just started bogging to the point of 2 miles an hour

Between bogging and lean codes I definitely think your fuel pump has failed or filter is clogged, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician