Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a standard ranger pick up truck and my shifter is not…

Customer Question
I have a standard...

I have a standard ranger pick up truck and my shifter is not working, when it's not running seems to be ok but when I start the engine it won't shift.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

I have to see it if there's one

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ranger?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

After flips ones my engine won't start after I take the oil out I put new ones now it's running but it can't shift

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the shifter is not working, when engine is running what would be the problem?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago
eric remington

standard transmission of automatic?