Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 magna tribune 3.0 V6. The car won't start

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 magna tribune 3.0 V6. The car won't start starter turns check the plugs no spark at the plugs seems like a ignition switch possibly that spray starter fluid in the carburetor did not crank starter was turning back no starting. I need to know what testing light you use and also the diagram I guess from the ignition switch to the coral set of clothes and the fuses to see what is bad on the car it only has 47,000 miles on the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The wheels turning the steering well with the key on it's a little hard no damage to the key the gas gauge shows empty and then it'll jump to the app which I know I have gas in the car and I spray starter fluid in the carburetor and it would not turn over starter turns batteries good but will not start and checked it there's a spark from the spark plug and there was none

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Ford?

I have a Mazda tribune 2005 S model 3.0 v6 just like the Ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm back tonight so I have a circuit tester it's up to reset one is heavy duty testing 1824 and 36 V so high low voltage testing And so the Electric communication tester I check the gas is good sounds like the pump is working, I spray starter fluid in the carburetor and would not start I check the plug to see if there's a spark and near seem to be no spark I constantly think that say ignition switch but do you schematics to go to the fuses and the coil wires and check to make sure I'm doing it right I think there is a diagram or something you need to start at the plug then the coil and then the fuses and then the ignition switch but I need help to know where everything ii née the schematics to see where I have to go to tennis and what would be the next light circuit tester to use

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 9 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad crankshaft position sensor, have you pulled codes from the computer yet?

The one question is all I ask and I thought it was for five dollars and now you're charging me 38 where each I did not want to chart go into the program your system set for five dollars answer a question from a mechanic that's why I put it I am going to call 800 number because the question what is the only thing that I wanted to know since you want to charge me at all times the money one set for five dollars to answer the question the system you have is not a very good system you don't answer my question I had and you want to talk to me all kind of money for it

it is 5 dollars for the deposit, then you set the money value of the question, not the system, I will opt out,Tim