Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It fires up while cranking but wont stay running, yes

Customer Question
It fires up while...

It fires up while cranking but wont stay running

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes changed fuel filter seams to have pressure and fires on all till you turn key to run

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

98 ranger with 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and just changed fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you loosing spark when you release the Key?