Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 F-150. Key will not turn the cylinder what so ever. WD-

Customer Question
40 in the tumbler doesn't...
2014 F-150. Key will not turn the cylinder what so ever. WD- 40 in the tumbler doesn't break it feel at all. Pulling the wheel in either direction while turning is a no good also.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the steering wheel isn't locked in a way that it is binding the linkage in the column then this is most likely a stuck tumbler in the lock cylinder, which would require the lock cylinder to be replaced.

Have you tried another key?