Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a used ford exployer with 86000 miles...i now…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a used ford exployer with 86000 miles...i now has the orange wrench lite on dash...what does this mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Ford Explorer. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, that is the only concern

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 11 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

If the wrench light is on, then it indicates that the computer has detected a fault with either the engine or the transmission and it may go into a limp mode where it will be reduced power.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

What do I need to do to find out about what exactly Is my problem and how do I solve the issue ??

You need to have the computer checked to see what codes are stored. You can buy your own scanner or an auto part store will sometimes do it for free.

Then once you have the code(s), sometimes it pretty much can tell you what part to replace. Other times it may just indicate a system that is at fault and some checks will be required.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer