Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Horn is not working, 1999, Yes. I have not done anything…

Customer Question
Horn is not working ...

Horn is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have not done anything yet. No sure where to begin.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me the model of your 1999 Ford please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
F150

Okay thank you for that information , The horn gets it power from the #7 fuse (20 Amp) located in the under hood fuse panel. Se let start first with making sure you have power in and out of it. Check this and let me know what you find and we can work from there. See the Horn wiring diagram in the link below for reference in case w e need to do further testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oceu6mqt9z7bjef/Horn%20Sep%2016.pdf?dl=0

See the fuse location as well as the horn relay in this link as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xktl436j4kmzfjz/Horn%20relay%20Sep%2016.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.