Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2001 ford escape won't start has anti theft flashing

Customer Question
My 2001 ford escape...

My 2001 ford escape won't start has anti theft flashing light

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It was blinking theft and the alarm was going off. Would not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's. Nothing wrong with it. It turns over just won't start as if it's locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to disable the anti theft lock

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there anyway I can disable the anti theft system in general
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

you can not disable the alarm unfortunately .there is no fuse or relay to pull out and the car computer has to see the alarm switches to initiate start

we can try a master reset ,but if u had an issue with any of alarm components,key,key receiver ,door locks ,hood switches etc.. then we need to scan it wtith factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve fault codes and based on the codes we can pull up troubleshoot and be accurate

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat