Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car is firing but doesn"t seem to be getting fuel is

Customer Question
My car is firing...

My car is firing but doesn"t seem to be getting fuel is there a place i can put a fuel pressure gage

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

124,774 and last year

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

A 1996 ford Thunderbird LX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Thunderbird yourself? What have you tried so far?

6 cycendeer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I spray either into it and it firers i have 1/2 a tank of gas and this is the first time in 6 years it hasn't just fired up

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

well what do you thi\nk

there should be a relief vale on the fuel injector rail that you can access im looking for a picture now to send

Thank you

do you have the 3.8 or 4.6

6 cynder

hows it going?