Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How much do you charge to answer my questions? how much do…

Customer Question
How much do you...

How much do you charge to answer my questions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

How much do you charge?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what can I help you with?

I have a Ford F-150. As I was driving it stopped. Just stopped. Put into park. All lights and windows are working but truck will not start or allow it to switch to neutral. I had a problem with my truck just "forgetting" my keys about a month ago. Paid a fortune to have it reprogrammed. It kinda acts like the anti theft is the problem - when I get in vehicle sometimes it will give me a message to start vehicle to stop alarm. Obviously it won't start but I can stop alarm using button in key.

so when you turn the key on and step on the brake you cant move it out of park?

Nope

do you hear a clicking noise when you step on the brake pedal?

No

ok, standby.

what year and size engine?

2012 and I have no idea the engine size. It's a Harley edition f-150*****

ok thanks

column shift or floor?

Floor

ok

thats the inside fuse panel that is the BCM that I sent

What and where is the BCM

sorry, its number 4

All fuses appear fine

do you have brake lights?

Yea

ok, please standby

go ahead and do this procedure

I think we just passed my abilities

ok, well its not that difficult, but if you don't think you can do it........ good luck to you.