Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My anti theft light flashes fast fob no longer works and

Customer Question
won't start. 2001 escape JA: Have...
My anti theft light flashes fast fob no longer works and won't start. 2001 escape
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: Fuse is fine. Have disconnected battery. Nothing. Module just keeps clicking.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is dead in driveway. Fob stopped working. Have removed fuse and disconnected battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Replaced alternator a week ago.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
9/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you own a volt meter?

Do the headlights work and shine bright?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician