Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Not going into any gear, rebuilt tranny, 2003 Ford Explorer…

Customer Question
Not going into...

Not going into any gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Rebuilt tranny

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 Ford Explorer eddy bauer 6cyl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it mech.. he thinks its the transfer case

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

In R D 3 2 1 engine reved up it does not move at all?

Does it roll in park?

Does it roll in any other gear than park?

IT WOULD NOT GO INTO PARK AT ALL OR ANY OTHER GEAR ONCE IT RE STARTED

These are the questions I asked.

Does it roll in park?

-------------

I assume from your response with the shift in park it was able to roll. That leaves the failure to be the output shaft in the transmission broken, the transfer case has failed or is stuck between low and high which is neutral, stripped driveshaft splines, broken axle shaft. One of these is to blame and most can be visually and by hand inspected with disassembly.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris