Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Miss fire on cylinder #1 good compression good coil goog…

Customer Question
Miss fire on cylinder...

Miss fire on cylinder #1 good compression good coil goog spark plug has key on and running power on the grey yellow at the plug to the coil and has no resistance on the white violate wire between the coil plug and the pcm connector

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

2007 ford fusion 3.0 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are an auto repair shop . no problem with the key . new coil new plug . checked voltage at coil plug and checked for resistance between the coil connector and the pcm connector

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Check the fuel injector and power to it with a noid light.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

When this cars computer sees a miss fire it kills the injector to that cylinder to not damage the converter

Yep, it's been doing that since 1996. It doesn't kill it when it's not running though. You're using a noid light to crank it and an injector tool to test the action. All done with the motor NOT running.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

It has no spark through the #1 coil and I have checked the two wires at the coil one has key on and running 12 v the other should be pulsing from the pcm and does not . I checked both ends of the other wire at the coil and at the pcm and the wire ohm good

The PCM grounds the circuit, so if your grounds are good, then the PCM is bad.

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.