Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a problem with my 2002 ford explorer in theft mode, I…

Customer Question
Have a problem with...

Have a problem with my 2002 ford explorer in theft mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to but little luck so far disconnected the battery over night and reconnected it then turned the key to start pos. and waited for light to stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The shift unit was loose at the end of the column I tightened the tork screws but it went into theft mode

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached 2 reset procedures for you to review and try. One of these will work, and just bypass module replacement on the one. If both of these fail to work, then there is a fault in the system that needs checking with a scan tool, and you can also do that yourself too by borrowing a scan tool from most parts stores.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Do you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron