Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It won't start with key and theft light comes on, No but we…

Customer Question
It won't start with...

It won't start with key and theft light comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

No but we can check.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 ford ranger pick up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Nothing except unhook battery and hook back up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 11 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Is the theft light on solid or does it flash with the key on?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?