Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Well the blower stays on, but I think I just found

Hi, Well the blower stays on, but I think I just found resolution to that. https://www.justanswer.com/ford/6u4qd-ford-expedition-el-eddie-bauer-2010-expedition-eddie-bower.html
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: I have a 2008 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition EL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Havn't tried anything as of yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes

Hi, my name is ***** ***** can I help you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Tim, hope you're having an awesome day. I guess the JA bot cut off my text... So I've got an issue where the AC starts blowing hot. Noticed that when it starts blowing hot, the external temperature is very very low, like 20deg. And it slowly climbs to normal, and the AC gets going again. Sometimes the External temp stay low for awhile, and the AC blows hot... Also, recently the Blower fan has been staying on, no matter what we press, but I think I already found the solution to that.

Ok, the blower staying n, is the blower control module and is a common problem, but the a/c blowing hot will not be effected by this module, are you saying the inside temp is reading real low when the a/c blows hot?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope, it shows the outside/external temperature drop down to i think 20deg, then the external temp slowly climbs back up... and the AC comes back on.

ok, this is caused by a bad ambient air temp sensor, if it thinks its 20 degrees outside, it will not allow th compressor to come on, are you planning on fixing this your self?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to fix it myself. Are you sure it's the sensor and not the whole computer?
Do you have a part number, and diagram on how to get at it?

Yes, its going to be the sensor, the sensor is located under the plastic shield on top of the radiator, you just remove the shield and unhook the sensor, it takes about 20 minutes, Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

below is a diagram showing the sensor, this diagram is with the radiator top shield removed,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will I need 1 or 2? And, can you find me a link to the part so I make sure I get the right one?

just one, would you like the part number from Autozone?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure Autozone is perfect

at autozone, the part number is ***** nd runs about 40 dollars,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me?? I do not get paid unless you do?

I guess you were just looking for a free answer, good luck in the future,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not at all, I just figured I would rate you after we see if it solves the problem. :)

Did you get this fixed??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope, not yet... The parts should be in Monday!

.