Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 Fusion 2.5l. ongoing problem. first passenger front…

Customer Question
2010 Fusion 2.5l. ongoing...

2010 Fusion 2.5l. ongoing problem. first passenger front caliber sticking caused very hot wheel. replaced caliber and bleed. car works great in the morning but in the afternoon after driving for a while, the same wheel get very hot. The ABS light came on. I found the ABS sensor wire was melted. replaced sensor. same issue. replaced Master cylinder. Now pedal goes to the floor. while bleeding notice the passenger front very little fluid comes out. all other wheels seem good. I am at a loss.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

ABS and traction lights only.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Caliber?

Not sure. just replaced the front with parts from autozone.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caliber yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I purchased complete caliber assemblies. Also, while I was bleeding, I can move the push rods and cause fluid to squirt out of the bleeding valve.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you bleed the master cylinder before you installed it then did the normal brake bleed from there?

Let me know,thanks Pete

I bleed it with it installed. I disconnected both fittings on the master cylinder and pressed the brake. I tightened fittings while brake was depressed. I repeated this four or five times. I had good fluid flow out of the fittings.
while bleeding each wheel I noticed very little fluid out of the passenger front. all others looked good.

O.k.

This is either a fault with the anti lock brake hydraulic unit itself not applying pressure to that caliper needing replaced or you need to have the hydraulic unit bled of air.There is a special procedure to bleed the hydraulic unit of air.This requires a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to bleed the air from the hydraulic unit.There is a special function/control on the scan tool to purge the air from the hydraulic unit itself.Once this is done then there you would bleed the brakes normally as you would from there.Here are the specific instructions on this model here.

All vehicles

1. Use the Pressure Bleeding procedure to bleed the system. For additional information, refer to Brake System Bleeding.

2. Connect the scan tool and follow the ABS HCU Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) bleeding instructions.

3. Repeat the Pressure Bleeding procedure to bleed the system.

I would have this done then if there is still little to no pressure at that brake caliper then most likely the issue here is the anti lock brake hydraulic unit itself needing replaced and may have been the issue all along here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete