Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The check suspension warning light has come on and the front…

The check suspension warning...

The check suspension warning light has come on and the front driver side is noticeably sitting lower. i have noticed there is a cord/hose that is disconnected, not sure what it is though. i have a picture

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid but bumpy. it seems the air ride suspension is not working, i don't hear it or feel it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 Expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, i wish i knew what the name of the component was that was disconnected

9/14/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you can upload the picture here this will help just let me know.There should be a link to click on to upload it.

Thanks Pete

ok trying to get the pic uploaded

No problem.I will wait until I see it.

Thanks Pete

unable to upload pics, anyway to text the pic to you?

I can send you an additional service for you to be able to do this if you want but there is a fee on top of this here.Let me know if you want to do this.If not we can continue here to try and see if we can figure out the issue just let me know.

Thanks Pete

no i don't want to pay any more fees

O.k. no problem,I apologize but that would be the only way I could do a text or phone call chat.

Does this cord have wires in it and if so what color are these wires?Let me know so I can check it to see what it is for.

Thanks Pete

no wires, its a black rubber piece that connects/slides onto a pin on a metal bracket that looks to be connected to the suspension system somehow

O.k.,looking at your suspension set up now will post back here shortly.

Is it a rubber or plastic hose?

its not a hose, its a cord with a black rubber connector that slides onto this metal bracket

Was the picture sized to big to upload here was that the issue?

no, i forwarded the pic to my email but its not coming through. so the pic is still on my phone, not sure how to get it here

O.k.,contact customer support below and they can help you get this picture to me.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

ok

Thanks.They should be able to help and then I can see the picture which will make things much easier.

The connected One is on the passenger side and the disconnected one is on the driver side, which is the side that is sitting low

O.k.,perfect glad that worked out.

Those are level sensors.The disconnected sensor is causing this issue.Can you reconnect it then start the vehicle.You should be able to move the arm on the sensor to reconnect it.If it connects and falls off then inspect to see if the sensor arm ball is worn with the sensor needing replaced or if the arm itself is worn needing replaced.Once this is reconnected it will level out again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician