Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have Ford Mustang 2001, V6, 3.8l, auto transmission. Car

Hello Chris! I have Ford Mustang...
Hello Chris!
I have Ford Mustang 2001, V6, 3.8l, auto transmission.
Car stay in garage for 3-4month. Try to launch it, but it didn't. In service repair man try to check errors but it didn't show anything (not with official and with china manufacteres). He say, that he need ECU control unit two pin out. Then he try check.
Can you help me?
Sorry for bad English, not my native language.
9/14/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Will the engine crank and will the car start?

Car not start, engine try to turns (or how it be in English), it's like if i use not original keys (with no chip). But with keys all it's ok.

With the key in the run position is the check engine light on and the theft light off (not flashing rapid)?

34;With the key in the run position is the check engine light on and the theft light off (not flashing rapid)?"When i try to launch car?

I have the ECU connector pin configuration but I have nothing on the inside the ECU because techs do not fix them internally.

When you say launch, I do not know what that means.

Launch - turn key to start the car
Can you send ECU connector pin configuration please?

Here is the PCM pin chart.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzgu4y3yd0tw8i6/294.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkpy8n7i7veus1t/2941.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

With the key in the run position theft lamp flashing rapidly and mileage Procer.
With the key in the run position theft lamp flashing rapidly and mileage DASH (not procer - my error)

The rapid flashing theft lights means it will not start because the computer thinks you are a thief. The dashed out odometer means the PCM is bad or is not getting all of the powers and ground it needs.

scaner can't diagnosed

Have your tech check all of the PCM powers and grounds with the diagrams I sent.

Ok. now we check all things. Please wait for some time and if i haven't any questions i rate you Chris with 5stars!

Keep in touch as needed

need full Pinout dashboard

I need you to explain a little better. The dash is from the driver door to the passenger door, there are about 40 connectors to different connectors behind there. What component are you wanting the connector pin chart for?

system Imobilizer
I don't technically know English only a little.I'm with the translator

Here is the wire diagram for the PATS anti theft system https://www.dropbox.com/s/26p924pg0yzrm3f/PATSmus.pdf?dl=0

where his imobiliser I need parts ,diagram Immo on the collection tubes light steal
dashboard Pinout

The PATS transceiver is around the ignition lock cylinder where you insert the key.

The pats transceiver is working checked the pump

Checked the pump, I have no clue what you are asking for or saying with that comment?

key reads the antenna checked the lift

Is the odometer still showing -------------?

15 September 2017 02:42
dashboard Pinout

You need to confirm the PCM is getting all the powers and grounds it needs. If so then you need to replace the PCM then program 2 keys to the vehicle to resolve this.

1056;СМ eec-v dashboard Pinout

I provided a PCM pinout 2 days ago, you can scroll back up to see those links.

why the has failed?dashboard Pinout

A computer can fail from a internal short or just from age.

dashboard Pinout new

I have no clue what you are asking for. Do you know someone that speaks better English?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
We probably need new ECU. Old one is "dead".
Chris, thanks for fast answers and great support! And big respect for your patience and help even with language barrier!

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician