Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have soft brake pedal, 2004 Ford Focus zx5, i just change

Customer Question

i have soft brake pedal
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 Ford Focus zx5
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just change the master cilinder and 200 miles after is completly soft
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes i ve been fixing it by myself i would like to know where is the check valve and how shall i test if the brake booster is falling
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: no leaks , 170 k mil. right before the brekes went out it was some hissing sound i assume from the brake waccum
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

have you had any fluid loss? how did you bleed the brakes and was the pedal soft immediately after replacing the master cylinder?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

Hello are you still needing my assistance?

please let me know,

Lou