Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 2013 Ford liftgate keeps closing automatically, the

Customer Question
My 2013 Ford liftgate keeps...
My 2013 Ford liftgate keeps closing automatically
JA: What is the model of your '13 Ford?
Customer: the Limited
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have disabled the power taigait
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
9/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Is this an explorer?

Does it still occur with it disabled?

Once open how long does it take to auto close on its own?

This is a 2013 Ford Explorer
When disabled, I can open the liftgate manually but it will just drop right away
Once open the liftgate will begin to close right away

The assist cylinders need to be replaced. See the diag steps here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlu14gm0aim0ax7/H2.png?dl=0

The initialization shown here needs to be done after the repair. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcptcivk0yzjhg0/H3.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician