roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 1987 Ford Ecoline 460 26ft motorhome. The engine is

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Ford Ecoline 460 26ft motorhome. The engine is carbureted. I understand this engine is also available in EFI. Are the EFI's more fuel efficient than carbureted? and if so, how much more should I anticipate?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

ok

yes fuel injection is much more efficient. it is more reliable as well.

mileage wise, you may get a mile or 2 per gallon based on the weight vehicle you have.

the change over would not be cost effective for you considering the very minimal savings you will get.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

Please take a moment and rate my service 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. We only get paid when you accept our answers

Roy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was actually looking for documentation that would compare efficiency of carbureted to fuel injected. Although I would not do the change over due to costs, does a mile or 2 gain really make it that much more efficient?
Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

yes it would.

I do not have that documentation. you may find it on the internet from Ford web site.

I will opt out and see if anyone else has any documentation for you

Roy