Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Second opinion] 02 F250 7.3 diesel. No start. Will start

Customer Question

Second opinion] 02 F250 7.3 diesel. No start. Will start with starting fluid. went through plenty of trouble with a loss of power situtaion. with that situation went through changing: ICP, IPR, Fuel pump, Cam sensor, Injector harnesses, Glow plugs, glow plug relay, fuel filter, Oil change now has about 1000miles, ICP pigtail, IPR pigtail, finally fixed problem by replacing 10month old HPOP with new one.With no start/ hard start and starting fluid situtaion I have recently checked LPOP oil pressure. during the long crank trying to start it was 0psi then finally built up to 30ish. Could the LPOP be going out or a different related problem? Also after initial start will start again fine and runs like a champ until it sets for a day/ over night.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

When it will not start, what is the ICP pressure reading?

Prior to attempting to start, remove the oil sensor from the HPO reservoir, how far in there till you get to oil?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris