Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car was running great stop to put gas I was at stop light…

Customer Question
Car was running...

Car was running great stop to put gas I was at stop light told me that I didn't have brake lights so I begin to look at fuses then they begin to work I started car was going to leave and they were not working again so me the bright guy I am i pulled the 20amp circuit and put back in then they car started to have I miss so I turned it off tyres started it and would not start would turn but I would not hear the fuel pump go on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No i didnt check the brake fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2004 ford crown Victoria 8cyl tyres to reset fuel pump in trunk no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crown Victoria yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just went to go get a new circuit but they had to order it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it what would the brake fluid have to do with it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 11 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you saying that the engine does not start now after you removed some fuses?

Does it crank over and not start?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?