Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I had the battery tremmales off, sorry I didn't erase the

Customer Question

I had the battery tremmales off
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: sorry I didn't erase the question right. Removed the thermals and cleaned them; when I reconnected them.this on my ford 350 v10,the volt meter and oil pressure gauges reads negative whinthe engine is running.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: How do I correct this.
JA: What year is your F350?
Customer: 1997 43000 miles.
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Talked to the local ford dealership the said try disconnect batted see if the computer resets itself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did wash the engined down with a cleaner.no high pressure.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Are you sure I got the correct info. 1997 F350 v10 with 43,000 miles?

I ask because Ford did not offer the 6.8 V10 in 97.

Running, what is the battery voltage showing using a volt meter?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris