Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2017 Mustang GT - On starting up in a store parking lot, a

Customer Question

2017 Mustang GT - On starting up in a store parking lot, a warning light that I've never seen before and s not mentioned or shown in the owner manual....lit up today. A red wrench!
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: A red wrench symbol light on the Tach screen. When I started the car it bucked, and shook. The radio came on by itself and the rpm was changing by itself. I quickly shut it off. I wiated a few minutes and tried again and now irt ran OK. Got home waited an hour and started again and it did the same bad start-up. I shut it down.
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havn't gone any further. I called my Ford dealer where I purchased the car and have always had it serviced there. I ask for any help, but they could not offer anything. I asked if I could bring in on tomorrow and was told they are fully loaded for service but I could leave it for a few days they might be able to look at it. Not much help for a repeat customer for the last 20 years.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. No new work or service. I have 63K miles and never had any problems only normal maintenance.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 1 month ago.

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Did it stop shaking when you accelerated?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Most most important question: Does this issue need immediate help at my Ford dealer? When I spoke with a Service Rep yesterday they were not familiar with the wrench warning light or the root cause of the warning. And said they were fully booked for service.

The wrench light on this model is assosiated with the throttle system and transmission. I will recommend to take it to the dealer immediately to prevent additional damage or failure when driving.