Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Second opinion] I have a 2003 Ford Windstar 3.8, does not

Second opinion] I have a 2003 Ford Windstar 3.8, does not fire on the #2 and #5, i'm at my wits end trying to figure this out, HELP!
JA: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced crank and cam sensor, plugs and wires and coil, and the end plug to the coil
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: it runs fine on 4 cylinders, check engine light comes on and says its the coil, I am on my 3rd coil thinking I might have gotten a bad one from the parts store
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have checked the wiring for breaks

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

We need to unplug the coil and use a noid light. One wire to the coil is power with the key on, place one spade of the noid light there. Then the other spade individually to the other 3 pins. Crank the engine and verify the light flashes fast. If you do not get this result then the wiring from the coil to the PCM is damaged or the PCM is bad. Let me know these results.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am away from my vehicle at this time, I will do as you suggest as soon as this evening. Also would a cam synchronizer cause it not to fire on two cylinders? Thank you

Although the synchronizer is a problem part, it can only affect all the cylinders injector pulse not just a couple of them. This post is set to close tomoorrow if not rated prior.