Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2011 Mustang GT with 66K miles. Engine makes

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Mustang GT with 66K miles. Engine makes tapping sound from the passenger side cylinder bank. Sound occurs from idle to 3,000 rpm. The sound is similar to what a pushrod engine sounds like with a collapsed lifter. What is the probable cause and how do you fix it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Michael Solis replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be assisting you today.

By what you stated, you have pin pointed the noise to the passenger head upper?

There is a TSB regarding Timing chain problems, but Its usually heard around the front of the head either side, (mostly driver). You have been using the correct oil type? How long have you notice the noise.

Let me know if you want to see the TSB and other procedures to help pin point the noise