Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Took my car into shop because it was overheating. Repair

Customer Question
shop states my 2003 ford...
Took my car into shop because it was overheating. Repair shop states my 2003 ford Taurus has a leaking head gasket. Has 232K miles. I put blue devil head gasket sealant in and had water pump replaced. Car does not overheat anymore. But I am getting a faint smell of coolant and the acceleration is slower than usual. People have advised me to replace the entire engine with a used engine because the sealant isn't a permanent fix.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 4 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is it leaking anywhere?

it was until water pump was replaced. no leaks as of now.

the blue devil crystalizes in the system so engine replacement is a wise idea... where is the smell coming from? under the hood?

prefer typing.

thats site automated igonre those messages its not from me..

Ron, ASE Certified Technician