Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Took my car into shop because it was overheating. Repair

Customer Question

Took my car into shop because it was overheating. Repair shop states my 2003 ford Taurus has a leaking head gasket. Has 232K miles. I put blue devil head gasket sealant in and had water pump replaced. Car does not overheat anymore. But I am getting a faint smell of coolant and the acceleration is slower than usual. People have advised me to replace the entire engine with a used engine because the sealant isn't a permanent fix.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 month ago.

is it leaking anywhere?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was until water pump was replaced. no leaks as of now.

the blue devil crystalizes in the system so engine replacement is a wise idea... where is the smell coming from? under the hood?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
prefer typing.

thats site automated igonre those messages its not from me..