Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2008 ford Taurus sel dual climate control - no heat on pass

Customer Question
side -ok on drivers side JA...
2008 ford Taurus sel dual climate control - no heat on pass side -ok on drivers side
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: I have heat on driver side coolant ok
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: SThe only thing I have looked at are the blend doors which I operated manually to no effect
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a ranger issue but that later
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
9/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

If the heat works great on the drives side, but not the passenger side, then the problem is either the blend door actuator or the actual plastic door itself in the evaporator case. You can remove the actuator and using a large flat blade screwdriver, turn the door manually and see if you can manually control the heat and cold air for the passenger side. If you can manually control the air temperature, then replace the blend door motor for the passenger side. But if you cannot control the temperature, then you will have to replace the door and it is part of the evaporator case.

See the directions below for the actuator.

A. Penland
A. Penland