Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

What would a reasonable price for getting a 2008 Ford F250

Customer Question

what would a reasonable price for getting a 2008 Ford F250 repaired that has diesel fuel adulterated with water
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It doesn't start at all
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We need to get a mechanic to do this in College Station Texas
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The vehicle has about 80,000 miles on it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay

I would say about 400$ give or take plus parts, depending on how much water there is you may need new filters and maybe even new injectors

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do prefer email). Thus the dealer offering a price of $10,000 is trying to take advantage?

wow, what all was in that quote?