Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Mick p again. Flat battery on phone, different device now.

Customer Question

Hi, Mick p again. Flat battery on phone , different device now. Fuel.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: ?sorry computer glitch. I started with ignition question
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: sorry, computer issues. I was talking to you 10 minutes ago regarding no spark in 1989 e250. You suggested fuel. Ok, I thought fuel, replaced filter, original was fine. Can hear hp pump pump it up ready when it has been standing for an hour, so assume it is getting plenty to the pump. Mick p
JA: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Stopped isolated road 200 km to nearest help. NE Canada. To repeat, No spark at plug wires testing with screwdriver air gap. (Limited tools and test equipment). No spark at coil post using same technique. 12 volts at both sidboth sides of coil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 12 v at both coil wires. No fluctuation on multimeter ar right hand wire when cranking. Mick p
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, trying to isolate problem to send for parts with passing motorist. Have multimeter and basic tools. From this service I see that the ICM may be on the dizzy. It's not on the fender. No spark tester or led tester available. The spark test at the coil is the one I would use on a pre electronic vehicle. Not up to speed with electronic ignition, sorry. Wife and I stranded here until fixed. 200 km tow not feasible, even if possible.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

What engine do you have in your E250? thanks.