Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a Ford Fusion. The overhead lights won't turn off.

Customer Question

I have a Ford Fusion. The overhead lights won't turn off. I've checked all of the doors and they are shut.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The lights on the ceiling. There are two lights.
JA: What year is your Fusion?
Customer: It's a 2008.
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've just tried checking that all of the doors are shut. I've also tried pressing the button to see if I had inadvertently turned the lights on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm just worried about the battery and the possibility of fire (they're getting hot)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

With the engine running does the instrument cluster have a door ajar warning illuminated and if not does it show one with a door opened?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

Was that no to both questions?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris