Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford Fusion. The overhead lights won't turn off.

Customer Question
I have a Ford...

I have a Ford Fusion. The overhead lights won't turn off. I've checked all of the doors and they are shut.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights on the ceiling. There are two lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fusion?

It's a 2008.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've just tried checking that all of the doors are shut. I've also tried pressing the button to see if I had inadvertently turned the lights on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm just worried about the battery and the possibility of fire (they're getting hot)

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

With the engine running does the instrument cluster have a door ajar warning illuminated and if not does it show one with a door opened?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Was that no to both questions?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris